AWS Marketplace us-east-1 servers license issues

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
bthurber
OpenVpn Newbie

AWS Marketplace us-east-1 servers license issues

Post by bthurber » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Our OpenVPN Access servers are all AWS Marketplace with 10 users. This morning both of our servers in us-east-1 are reporting only 2 user licenses. The servers in us-west are fine (they show 10 users). Is there something wrong on the OpenVPN licensing validation end today?

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: AWS Marketplace us-east-1 servers license issues

Post by novaflash » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi. There was a momentary issue inside of Amazon's own systems that caused a failure in that region for some instances. We got on it right away with Amazon and it should already all be resolved. I think this explains why you had this problem. Another possible cause of the problem could be a firewall setting but since this happened at exactly the time this problem with Amazon happened, I think it was that. Sorry for the trouble.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

bthurber
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by bthurber » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:50 pm

Working fine now. Thank you for the reply.

bthurber
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by bthurber » Thu May 07, 2020 1:17 pm

This issue appears to be happening again in us-east-1 at the moment (both avail zones). Logs show the following for a server that is a 10-user AWS Marketplace licensed server:

AS auth failed, CLI:LICENSE: Access Server license failure: maximum concurrent_connections exceeded (2)'

Note our servers in us-west-2 are fine (showing 10 users)