Error message: client installer file was not found

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
jeffschips
OpenVpn Newbie

Error message: client installer file was not found

Post by jeffschips » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:26 pm

What does that error message mean?

v2.8.2 on centos 7

Trying to download the windows client or linux client ovpn files always gets this message. Very frustrating because I can find no references to what this message means or even how to troubleshoot it.

As well, advanced settings unable to turn ON Default TLS Auth Settings Enable TLS auth on client VPN connections.

Tell me what you need to help me help you.

Thank you

Niii
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Error message: client installer file was not found

Post by Niii » Sat May 02, 2020 10:44 am

Same here, I can't download any client from client web interface.
"An error occured while trying to download OpenVPN Connect from the server. The required client installer file was not found on the server."

Don't know where to enable that or if I need to put myself installer in server.
If someone have a tips.

atwoodm
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by atwoodm » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:21 pm

I had the same issue, and this thread is the only one that I could find.

On Ubuntu, my problem was that there was another package called 'openvpn-as-bundled-clients' that was not installed properly. Once I installed both that package and the AS package at the same time, it worked. I hope that helps you figure out the problem.

Kinduser57143
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Kinduser57143 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:12 am

PLEASE READ THIS FOR SOLUTION:

First please try to reboot/restart your server(s) and then proceed to reinstall `openvpn-as-bundled-clients` using the following command on all of your OpenVPN instances/machines:

> apt --reinstall install openvpn-as-bundled-clients

Thank you and have a great day!

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Kinduser57143 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:12 am
PLEASE READ THIS FOR SOLUTION:

First please try to reboot/restart your server(s) and then proceed to reinstall `openvpn-as-bundled-clients` using the following command on all of your OpenVPN instances/machines:

> apt --reinstall install openvpn-as-bundled-clients
apt tools are of course not available on the OP's CentOS 7. But yum(8) works similarly. And other than a bit of downtime it won't hurt, but the reboot is not necessary.

Regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support