Host-checker problems

hsquared
OpenVpn Newbie

Host-checker problems

Post by hsquared » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:15 am

We are in the process of evaluating the OpenVPN AS product. We have installed version 2.7.5. One of our company's requirements is to check that client machines have certain software components installed.

I have tried following the documentation but haven't had any luck getting the client to report the requested information. I created a host-checker query file and added the following. I did run the sacli command to load the file into the Access Server and issued a sacli start command, per the documentation.

['win']
AV=^Clam

I have installed the 2.7.1 client on a Windows machine. I ran the capicli ShowApp command on the client machine and it does report ClamWin AV. On the server side I check the logs after the client connects and I can see the client reports the UV_PLAT_REL attribute showing the installed version of Windows, among other things but I cannot find the UV_APPVER_AV attribute.

Has anyone had any luck with this feature and have any tips they could share?

chilinux
OpenVPN User

Re: Host-checker problems

Post by chilinux » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 am

What was output of capicli ShowApp for ClamWin?

I don't see anything in the documentation that the client sets a generic AV attribute. Instead, it looks like what you should be looking for is something like UV_APPVER_CLAMWIN and the appver.txt should be something like:

['win']
CLAMWIN=^clamwin av

Without the output of showapp, it is hard to give you the exact syntax. The appname and the resulting string for the appname may change depending on the version of clamwin used.