Restart OpenVPN AS web server

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
TomasCrespo
OpenVpn Newbie

Restart OpenVPN AS web server

Post by TomasCrespo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi! As far as I know the web server of Access Servers is a python process listening on por 943. My problem is that this process dies (disappears)frecuently, but openvpn keep working perfectly. How could I restart the openvpnas webserver?

I've tried

Code: Select all

systemctl restart openvpnas.service 
but the webserver process is not recreated.

If I restart the server, openvpnas web server is online again.

My system is CentOS Linux 7.6.1810

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Restart OpenVPN AS web server

Post by novaflash » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Can you please first make sure that you are on the latest version of Access Server? Currently on our site version 2.7.5 is available. A lot of problems may then already be resolved.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

TomasCrespo
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by TomasCrespo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Yes, I am on 2.7.5. I updated three days ago and the problem persists

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Okay... well we have no other reports on this issue so far. Perhaps you are very low on memory on your server? Do you have at least 1GB?

I suggest you contact the real support ticket system and send logs to see if that shows anything weird.

Perhaps you have the amount of TCP and UDP daemons set to a higher number than you actually have CPU cores for?
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

hdc
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by hdc » Tue May 25, 2021 10:32 am

I have the same thing, new ubuntu server running latest Openvpn access server 4gb ram 2 cores which is replacing our old Openvpnas server 2.1.4 which had 0.5gb ram and 1 core and never had a single problem.

hdc
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by hdc » Wed May 26, 2021 6:05 am

I ran sudo service openvpnas restart from the server console to get the admin ui service back.

Would be good to find a command that restarts just the admin UI rather than the whole access server.