Opinion on OpenVPN AS?

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
THANDA
OpenVpn Newbie

Opinion on OpenVPN AS?

Post by THANDA » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Hello everyone,,
I’ve used openvpn before and I’m not all that great at networking so I had some odd routing problems which I just didn’t have time to fix so I archived that server and moved on using SonicWall’s piece of shit SSL VPN. It works but it’s clunky, doesn’t work at all on iOS, and just not all that nice to work with. Access server takes care of all of the basic weirdness as far as I know.

It’s time to renew the licenses and I was hoping to ditch the sonic wall all together and move to using Edgerouters. Pricing wise, AS is a much better deal per license.

Is AS a good deal? Any other systems I should consider?

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Opinion on OpenVPN AS?

Post by novaflash » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Why don't you set up AS, but without a license key, and try to work out the kinks in your networking situation together with our support personnel? You can register for a free account on openvpn.net and submit a support ticket there about the specific routing problem you experienced. 9 out of 10 times, it's a matter of just understanding the situation better so you can set things up properly.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

THANDA
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by THANDA » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:03 pm

THANDA wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:03 pm
Hello everyone,,
I’ve used openvpn before and I’m not all that great at networking so I had some odd routing problems which I just didn’t have time to fix so I archived that server and moved on using SonicWall’s piece of shit SSL VPN. It works but it’s clunky, doesn’t work at all on iOS, and just not all that nice to work with. Access server takes care of all of the basic weirdness as far as I know.
xvideos.onl/ xnxx.onl/ chaturbate.onl/
It’s time to renew the licenses and I was hoping to ditch the sonic wall all together and move to using Edgerouters. Pricing wise, AS is a much better deal per license.

Is AS a good deal? Any other systems I should consider?
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Alright, great to hear that.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.