Route only some internet traffic (not all) through OpenVPN AS

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
kjacobson
OpenVpn Newbie

Route only some internet traffic (not all) through OpenVPN AS

Post by kjacobson » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Hello!

I'm looking for a way that isn't all or nothing on how to route traffic for particular public IPs through the OpenVPN Access Server.

The use-case is that there are some websites/services/etc that are public facing, but locked down to Offices public IPs. The problem is, we aren't forcing (and don't want to force) all user internet VPN traffic through our OpenVPN, but instead would like to force just this or required IPs to talk through the OpenVPN, so that their public IP shows what would be from our Office would be.

Is this possible, maybe through some sort of advanced configuration, etc?

-Keegan

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Route only some internet traffic (not all) through OpenVPN AS

Post by novaflash » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 am

Then just disable forwarding all traffic, and then just specify the IP ranges you want to forward through the VPN server, and make sure it is done using the NAT method.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

kjacobson
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by kjacobson » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:24 pm

novaflash wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 am
Then just disable forwarding all traffic, and then just specify the IP ranges you want to forward through the VPN server, and make sure it is done using the NAT method.
Hello, thanks for the reply - could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by specify the IP ranges you want to forward in? In particular, from the Admin UI - under what category/field would this be? I'm not entirely familiar with the configuration and options, and only very rarely make changes - so want to make sure that I'm doing it properly.

Appreciate your time! Thanks!

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:09 pm

VPN Settings > Allow access to private subnet > yes, using NAT > 123.45.67.89/32

Or:
User Permission > (more settings) > allow access to (using NAT) > 123.45.67.89/32
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.