Unable to reach local network while using openVpn connection

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
kakaroto87
OpenVpn Newbie

Unable to reach local network while using openVpn connection

Post by kakaroto87 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Hello guys,

i would like to use my OpenVPN AS connection and also still get access to a local network.

at this moment, i must disconnect openVpn to reach my network.

i have create an user in a group who not allow to reach private subnet as 172.168.18.0/24 but its still failed.

if i do that ( not allow private subnet ), openvpn as will do nothing or it will refuse connection ?

Regards

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Unable to reach local network while using openVpn connection

Post by novaflash » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Which client device/program are you using exactly?
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

kakaroto87
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by kakaroto87 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:30 am

Hello, i have OpenVPN GUI 2.4.

something strange for me : i get access to my smb share on 172.31.112.51 but i cant access http website on 172.31.112.41 !

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 am

I think you may need to run some more tests internally to figure out what's going wrong, because by default you should still be able to access your internal network, and obviously you still can, if you can reach that smb share. So you may be just dealing with some firewall issue perhaps on that machine with http.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

sixotuxaxi
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by sixotuxaxi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 am

I'm having the exact same problem. If anybody connects to the Access Server, I am then unable to access any services e.g. web server or web applications using specific ports. I hope there's some simple setting to fix this. I completely disabled the firewall to test but does not work. I'm running Ubuntu 18