Openvpn how to reset auto-login profile

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
regger
OpenVpn Newbie

Openvpn how to reset auto-login profile

Post by regger » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:58 am

i just changed my account password and then i noticed that i was still able to connect through old vpn profile i downloaded , after changing password i downloaded new client.ovpn profile and compare it with old one its same ?? so i wonder how can be reset the autologin profile so that it not work once password is change.

+ one another Question what is meant by user locked profile i see this term in user panel when i was downloading auto-login profile .

thanks

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Openvpn how to reset auto-login profile

Post by novaflash » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:06 pm

Autologin profiles bypass username and password authentication. Because otherwise it cannot autologin.

Therefore changes to the password mean nothing to the autologin profile.

If you want to ensure people have to get a new autologin profile after a password change, you will have to include in your process the act of going to Revoke Certificates on the Access Server and revoke the autologin certificate for this user.

The next time he/she logs in with the new password to obtain a new profile, he/she will get a new autologin profile with unique certificates.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Openvpn how to reset auto-login profile

Post by novaflash » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Oh and user-locked is a profile that requires you to provide both the connection profile of user-locked type, and the credentials (username+password) to connect. It is user-locked because the profile for your account works only for your account, and for none other.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.