Authenticate/Decrypt packet error in openvpn

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
kopacatu
OpenVpn Newbie

Authenticate/Decrypt packet error in openvpn

Post by kopacatu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:58 am

An error message was occurred when I was connecting with my openvpn server through tcp or udp connection (on an openvpn client windows), the message was "Authenticate/Decrypt packet error".

Code: Select all

Sat Jun 10 03:08:08 2017 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #235853 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

Sat Jun 10 03:08:36 2017 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #491688 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

Sat Jun 10 03:08:36 2017 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #491701 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
During this repeated message, about 700MB uploaded from my host!. Is this issue classified as Man In The Middle Attack (MITM) ?

I hope soon response. Best Regards.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Authenticate/Decrypt packet error in openvpn

Post by novaflash » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:53 am

When you get the replay error it usually means that packets are being repeated for some reason, often due to packet loss. You should check to see if your MTU and your packet loss are okay on this Internet connection, and that it doesn't suffer from extreme lag.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

kopacatu
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by kopacatu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:56 am

the problem is still

kopacatu
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by kopacatu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 am

novaflash wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:53 am
When you get the replay error it usually means that packets are being repeated for some reason, often due to packet loss. You should check to see if your MTU and your packet loss are okay on this Internet connection, and that it doesn't suffer from extreme lag.

i changed MTU and this error occurred only on UDP connection protocol , What do you think of the problem ? @novaflash

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:10 am

I think your connection sucks and that is why packets are arriving in a weird way. You may need to just stick to TCP in your situation.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.