google authenticator

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
anthony4tner
OpenVpn Newbie

google authenticator

Post by anthony4tner » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm a little new to OpenVPN. I'm trying to get google authenticator to work with OpenVPN but I'm having a little trouble. Currently I'm tring to setup a radius server to run the authentication then have the radius server use google authenticator as part of the authentication process. I feel like there has to be a better way to do this. If anyone has done this before or knows a better way to go about it some guidance would be much appreciated.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: google authenticator

Post by novaflash » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:34 pm

If you use OpenVPN Access Server, you can authenticate against a RADIUS server if you want, but you don't have to. You can use the local authentication system in Access Server. On top of that, Access Server has Google Authenticator support built-in, and it works against an external authentication system like PAM, RADIUS, or LDAP, or just with the built-in local authentication system.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.