Connecting, but nothing happens

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
PolMan
OpenVpn Newbie

Connecting, but nothing happens

Post by PolMan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:02 pm

Hello,

We are testing the OpenVPN access server on Azure.
The user can login with no problems. But when he hits connect, the wheel keeps spinning:
The company certificate is setup. Ports are open.
We are able to connect using the tray icon in the taskbar. But we would rather use the webinterface for connecting.

Is this a known problem? Does something need to be changed in our config?

Thank you for the help.

Pol

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Connecting, but nothing happens

Post by novaflash » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:23 pm

This is actually a known problem and this interface is being phased out entirely. The problem is due to how browsers these days are more strict in terms of security, and this model of communication where the server tells the client to start the connection doesn't work reliably any more. Also, it is unnecessary.

Once you have the OpenVPN Connect Client installed, you have an icon in the system tray. Click it and start the connection there.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

PolMan
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by PolMan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 am

I see, Thank you for the info.

Is it possible to disable/hide the button?

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Sorry, no. But we are nearing a release of Access Server that does get rid of that connect functionality.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.