"In boot" vpn start - usb stick vpn traveler - double vpn

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
noname2000
OpenVPN User

"In boot" vpn start - usb stick vpn traveler - double vpn

Post by noname2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 am

Hello,

I want my computer never connects to internet with real ip.

I need an openvpn that boots before windows.

I purpose a usb stick to boot on, with cmd to launch openvpn.

It will be nice too, to always have our vpn on us! every where, universal.

The usb vpn traveler should include boot sector, ethernet adaptator for TAP and portable app...?

Best regards

absynteZero2018
Last edited by noname2000 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: "In boot" vpn start - usb stick vpn traveler

Post by novaflash » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:59 am

It's an interesting project but I wonder how you're going to be able to do it. There are technical challenges to overcome here in the described scenario that I have no idea on how to solve myself.

Personally I'd probably advise to take something like a raspberry pi or a router with openvpn client functionality on it, attach that to the internet, and attach your computer via cable or wifi to that, so traffic must go through the pi/router before it can reach the Internet.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

noname2000
OpenVPN User

Re: "In boot" vpn start - usb stick vpn traveler

Post by noname2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Hello novaflash,

Very good idea. i think slowly about raspberry pi...

a question...you should think i'm crazy but...what about a vpn from raspberry pi router and openvpn,
and in, from wifi or lan connected devices, an other vpn with same or other ip?

The first out vpn server should be in same country and also start public point for second vpn server all around the world?

Or in a very free country first and rest of the world second.

For better confidentiality. The best will be to have two differents vpn.

and a principal and second. One background service, and in, GUI selection

second question: is it possible to have two TAP on windows with they're own lan and own openvpn app?
or to create an openvpn app that should be able to allow two vpn on two differents TAP

an other man, drunk around the table, says: and for the third vpn??!!

:-)

absynteZero 2018

noname2000
OpenVPN User

Re: "In boot" vpn start - usb stick vpn traveler - double vpn

Post by noname2000 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:05 am

I find you on my new profile absynteZero.

bye

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: "In boot" vpn start - usb stick vpn traveler - double vpn

Post by novaflash » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:29 am

You're free to make up your own solutions but you're straying into an area now that I think nobody is going to help you with. You're so far off the beaten track on this one... I wish you luck in implementing these weird solutions that I don't even understand anymore, but it's not nice to cuss at us, just because we don't have the answers to your impossible questions.

Also, this is the support forum for the OpenVPN Access Server product, not the open source OpenVPN solution. I've been trying to be nice to try and help you out but once you started posting messages that had as only purpose to offend and attack everyone here, and as a final 'get back at us' step post a false message about our OpenVPN application having a virus in it, I had to step in and clean up some of your messages and ban you from our forums.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.