can not access remote lan

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
sinister
OpenVpn Newbie

can not access remote lan

Post by sinister » Thu May 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello and sorry if this isnt the correct place to post this i am running openvpn-as on an unraid built machine i have everything setup correctly and am able to connect and access all resources on the remote lan via windows openvpn gui and on my android smart phone.

however i recently decided to move away from windows and get into linux and chose linux mint 18.3 cinnamon to start with

i have my vpn setup with all the recommended plugins i am able to connect successfully but i am unable to access a single thing on the remote lan where with windows and my android it just works. please help ive been at this for days and feel like i want to tackle a moving mack truck

sinister
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: can not access remote lan (SOLVED)

Post by sinister » Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Thank you for all the suggestions i managed to figure out what the problem was for whatever reason auto login needed to be enabled.

as well as my local subnet being the issue they cant be identical in linux though this isnt a problem on windows.

lastly having the (use this network only for its local resorces) box enabled makes it not work

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: can not access remote lan

Post by novaflash » Sun May 13, 2018 8:35 am

I think you just missed using the --auth-user-pass option to be honest.

See our own documentation about this:
https://docs.openvpn.net/connecting/con ... ith-linux/
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

sinister
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by sinister » Sun May 13, 2018 2:25 pm

I've been at it for three weeks and I've been over alot of the documentation including that page .

Before I couldn't connect then after another week finally connecting I couldn't access anything while being connected. when I turned auto login on as suggested

By other members on the unraid forums it worked with no issues

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Sun May 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Okay. Maybe something unique to the platform you are running AS on then.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

sinister
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by sinister » Sun May 13, 2018 9:08 pm

I'm not sure but on Windows it works as expected but with linux mint cinnamon 18.3 it's an issue