Digi WR31 modem OpenVPN-AS

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
israel.acosta
OpenVpn Newbie

Digi WR31 modem OpenVPN-AS

Post by israel.acosta » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:52 pm

Hello,

I am trying to configure a cellular modem Digi WR31 with OpenVPN, I was able to setup the server (CentOS 7) and i am able to conenct via windows client, OS cliente, as well as Android client. However when I try to establish a connection with the Digi modem the connection gets dropped.

first, the digi client connects but is not able to keep the connection up for more than 1.5 min average. ( the log only shows OVPN down)

OpenVPN log shows -
"disconnected because user-specific properties prevent concurrent VPN connections by this user"
it looks to me that the same user, from the same digi modem tries to connect even when the connection already has been established.

any help is appreciated.

IA

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Digi WR31 modem OpenVPN-AS

Post by novaflash » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:06 pm

It sounds to me like the client device is dropping connection and restarting the connection repeatedly, and this leads to a situation where the server has open sessions that are still waiting for a time out, while the new connection is already starting.

I would recommend reading the log file on the client device for the openvpn process, if that is possible.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.