Cant conect through site2site with SOME servers

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
francomartin3
OpenVpn Newbie

Cant conect through site2site with SOME servers

Post by francomartin3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 am

Hi, im not new at openvpn but its my first post so please be gentle. Im having an issue with a site to site vpn, the thing is that some servers can go through the vpn and some of them cant. I have a virtualized access server on one side and an ubuntu 16.04 client on the other side, im using routing to allow traffic and on my main router I have a static route to route traffic that go to the net 192.168.1.x have to go through the gateway A and on the remote site, my ubuntu client forwards traffic through the vpn but clients on that network use static routes.

now to the meat and potatoes....
NOTE: all clients have the same net, subnet and gateway.

client A, notebook. Can reach all the servers through ping and traceroute shows the following
35 ms 23 ms 13 ms main gateway
5 ms 5 ms 8 ms accessServer
52 ms 65 ms 47 ms remote ubuntu
28 ms 52 ms 54 ms client

client B, vmware Windows vm, cant reach most of the servers, only three. the tracert shows

35 ms 23 ms 13 ms main gateway
5 ms 5 ms 8 ms accessServer
52 ms 65 ms 47 ms remote ubuntu
* * * request timed out
* * * request timed out
* * * request timed out
* * * request timed out
NOTE: on client B the ones that are reachable show the same traceroute than client A.

client C, vmware WIndows vm, cant reach 2 servers. traceroute to unreachable servers is the same as B, and the reachables is the same as A.

francomartin3
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Cant conect through site2site with SOME servers

Post by francomartin3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 pm

No one can help me?

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Cant conect through site2site with SOME servers

Post by novaflash » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Sorry, must have missed this ticket.

In any case:
https://docs.openvpn.net/troubleshootin ... pn-tunnel/

Get some tcpdump results.

Also, common failures are a firewall blocking out-of-scope traffic, incorrect or missing gateway address, that sort of stuff.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.