help setting up aws

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
jj
OpenVpn Newbie

help setting up aws

Post by jj » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:15 am

Hi,
We run our infra on AWS. Below is a description of our setup.
We have 3 vpc's running in us-east. VPC A has OpenVPN AS running. This vpc is peered using AWS' VPC peering connections with VPC B and VPC C. We are planning to start some infra in us-west, so I have another vpc in us-west now. This is VPC D. I have managed to setup a partial site to site connection between VPC A and VPC D.

VPC B - 10.101.0.0/16 (us-east) <--- peering ----> VPC A - 10.100.0.0/16 (us-east) <---- peering -----> VPC C - 10.102.0.0/16 (us-east)

and

VPC A openvpn server <------- tunnel -------> openvpn gw VPC D - 10.103.0.0/16 (us-west)

The openvpn client gateway running in VPC D is sending traffic to vpn server in VPC A correctly. Users can connect to all VPCs fine. The problem is VPC D subnet cannot connect to VPC B and VPC C subnets because vpn server in VPC A does not handle the routing to these subnets. The peering connections don't allow transitive peering. Any suggestions on how I should handle this?