Linux ifconfig failed

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
elliot
OpenVpn Newbie

Linux ifconfig failed

Post by elliot » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello,

We are building a new OpenVPN Access Server on CentOS 7, to replace our old CentOS 5 box.

All has gone well thus far, and I have just attempted to start the service via the web GUI, but I get this error:

Code: Select all

Error:
process started and then immediately exited: ['Sat Oct 7 13:28:47 2017 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program']
service failed to start or returned error status
process started and then immediately exited: ['Sat Oct 7 13:28:47 2017 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program']
process started and then immediately exited: ['Sat Oct 7 13:28:48 2017 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program']
process started and then immediately exited: ['Sat Oct 7 13:28:48 2017 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program']
Is it simply a case that CentOS7 doesn't have ifconfig? So just need to install it, or is something else at fault here. :?: This is a brand new clean server so I don't want to just go installing packages etc unless I have to.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Elliot

elliot
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Linux ifconfig failed

Post by elliot » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:03 pm

I installed ifconfig, using `yum install net-tools` and the OpenVPN server appears to have started successfully via the web admin GUI.

If there are any other CentOS7 quirks I need to be aware of, I would appreciate if anyone could let me know.

Regards,

Elliot

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Linux ifconfig failed

Post by novaflash » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:51 pm

That's pretty much the only problem so far with CentOS 7 and Debian 9, the requirement to install net-tools.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.