OpenVPN server on mac OS X

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
paolo83
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN server on mac OS X

Post by paolo83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi, I'm new on this forum.
I have installed and used with success openVPN on Ubuntu 16.04 with OpenVPN Access Server Software Packages, configurated via openVPN web page.
Now i'd like installe a openVPN server on mac os X, but I can't find a guide on internet, can someone help me?

many tnx

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OpenVPN server on mac OS X

Post by novaflash » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 am

OpenVPN Access Server only runs on Linux. The client software runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.

You can run a virtual machine on Mac OS X and run a Linux VM in there and run Access Server that way.

Or you can install the open source version of OpenVPN and manually configure certificates and configuration files. Then you can run the server on Mac OS X directly. But then you don't have OpenVPN Access Server running, then it's just the open source version with manual configuration.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

paolo
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN server on mac OS X

Post by paolo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:04 am

Ok thanks!
I just run openVPN on ubuntu virtual machine, but the virtual machine slows a lot my mac.

Do you know how configure an open source version of OpenVPN manually on mac?