License server and Scalability

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
someguy007
OpenVpn Newbie

License server and Scalability

Post by someguy007 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:06 am

Hello.
Anyone tell me if OpenVPN has a license Server not a locking standalone license but a license server that would allow the OpenVPN server register with.
I like to purchase a volume license which would then be added to courseware which will use OpenVPN in a ondemand environment, only issues; if you are binding MAC CPU and HARD Drive IDs with the license, this simple breaks in a dynamic virtual environment rendering the license invalid.
Could I clone the image in a template and force it to work sure but in the spirit of good faith I like to see if you have away to register via a license server.

Thank You in advance

elfredyc
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: License server and Scalability

Post by elfredyc » Mon May 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Currently the only way to do this is on AWS, using our tiered licensing on the AWS marketplace. These instances do not require a license key so you can spin up as many instances as you need, however you pay through Amazon for usage, and Amazon pays us (and you can't run them outside AWS).

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/sell ... 022894b89d
Elfredy Cadapan
OpenVPN, Inc.

someguy007
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: License server and Scalability

Post by someguy007 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:07 am

Yeah AWS is not viable, they aren't secure enough and the goal is to host it in our harden secure cloud environment.
Guess I am going to be stuck writing labs using SSTP as the example.

Thank You