Android issue

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
openuser2016
OpenVpn Newbie

Android issue

Post by openuser2016 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi, I installed AS 2.12. As Android client I installed the openvpn app (Arne Schwabe). It works great except after a couple of hours I always get the following issue

Code: Select all

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED,LICENSE: Access Server license failure: maximum concurrent_connections exceeded (2)
I have no idea why this is happening. I am the only user on only one device. Or is this a client bug?

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Android issue

Post by novaflash » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:12 pm

This can sometimes occur if the connection is really bad. What will happen then is that your connection will establish, taking up 1 license count of the 2 on a demo installation of Access Server (without license key it is in demo mode for 2 concurrent connections). Then the connection dies. Your client notices this first and makes a new connection. On the server, it register this new connection, taking up another license count of the 2. The old connection will eventually time out. But if again the connection fails within a very short time, and it establishes a third time, you're out of licenses. Eventually, as I have said, the old connections will time out, usually takes about a minute.

If I were you I'd look into getting that connection stable.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

openuser2016
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by openuser2016 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:11 pm

Thanks for the explanation!

> If I were you I'd look into getting that connection stable.

This happens on a mobile device / LTE network. I guess it is impossible to have a 100% stable connection when you move around with your mobile, drive etc . But generally speaking the connections seems to be quite stable (when streaming music while driving or video calls and so on).

I guess AS has not been designed with mobile networks in mind and I have to use a different solution?

scofficial
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by scofficial » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi, I faced the similar issue. As mentioned the issue occurs because of a slow internet connection, the connection somehow dies making it impossible to connect. Hope they fix this issue.