automatic connection ?

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
dbmix
OpenVpn Newbie

automatic connection ?

Post by dbmix » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello,
Since this version 2.5.0.136, I can not find how to start the connection to the launch of windows 10 and without typing the password!
Thank you for your lights

dbmix
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: automatic connection ?

Post by dbmix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Previously we added a text file containing the username and password in the config folder.
With this version I can not find this folder.
There is a self login to tick in the settings but for me it does not work.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Just enable auto-logon in user permissions. Then remove the connection profile or uninstall the openvpn connect client. Then import a new profile from server, or install a new copy of the connect client downloaded from your access server.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

dbmix
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by dbmix » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 am

@novaflash Thank you very much

yukaputz
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by yukaputz » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi, I am having the same issue except I have auto login enabled and my clients are using the automatic ovpn config file. Still, I am see clients not automatically connect in windows 10. Should I drop back to using the username and password text file and or add ping-restart? I'm trying to get the clients to be connected to vpn whenever the workstation is on.