digitale signature for pdf

Scripts to manage certificates or generate config files

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

DieterS
OpenVpn Newbie

digitale signature for pdf

Post by DieterS » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 am

Hi
I have generated a client certificate with easy-rsa. I converted this into the pfx format with openssl and read it into the Windows certificate store. It appears that the certificate can be used for digital signatures and client access. Unfortunately, I cannot sign the certificate in Acrobat Reader. I don't get an error message.
Do any of you have any experience in this area?

OpenVPN Expert

Re: digitale signature for pdf

Post by 300000 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:41 pm

DieterS wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 am
Hi
I have generated a client certificate with easy-rsa. I converted this into the pfx format with openssl and read it into the Windows certificate store. It appears that the certificate can be used for digital signatures and client access. Unfortunately, I cannot sign the certificate in Acrobat Reader. I don't get an error message.
Do any of you have any experience in this area?
Certificate have about 10 sub catalogs and it deepens what you want to do with certificate . You could only do one thing which one kind of certificate and if you want to play with it , take time to hang around with it before jump in to land mine.

Your certificate only have Client authentication only it cant be use for sign pdf file and that all you can do is OpenVPN client connecting .

If you want to sign some document , The certificate should have Code Signing and Time Stamping that is minimum requirement , You need to check certificate properties you will find out what this certificate can do and cant do on certain thing.