Need help creating a single OVPN file from muliple files

Scripts to manage certificates or generate config files

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Badl4ndz
OpenVpn Newbie

Need help creating a single OVPN file from muliple files

Post by Badl4ndz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:47 pm

I am using the VPN function of my Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200 router and have successfully tested its functionality by downloading the zip fille containing the 4 files (client1.ovpn, ca.crt, client.crt & client.key) for windows and android generated by the router. Using the OpenVPN client on my phone and Win 10 laptop, I can connect to my home LAN. What I wish to do is also connect using the OpenVPN client on my GL-iNET GL-AR150 mini router which I use as my travel router whenever I'm away from home and use my laptop, tablet etc in hotels and restaurants. The problem is this mini router uses a single OVPN file for its inbuilt OpenVPN client containing the information of the client1.ovpn, ca.crt, client.crt & client.key files. I have tried the obvious which is to cut and paste in the contents into a single client1.ovpn file using relevant tags as seen below to no avail.

<ca>
(insert ca.crt here)
</ca>
<cert>
(insert client1.crt here)
</cert>
<key>
(insert client1.key here)
</key>

Please could someone advise on how to produce a single OVPN file that would work on my travel router?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Need help creating a single OVPN file from muliple files

Post by TinCanTech » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:18 pm

That is the correct way to use INLINE tags:
Badl4ndz wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Code: Select all

<ca>
(insert ca.crt here)
</ca>
<cert>
(insert client1.crt here)
</cert>
<key>
(insert client1.key here)
</key>
What error message do you get when trying to use the config file ?