Android problems importing profiles

Scripts to manage certificates or generate config files

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

mallardaise
OpenVpn Newbie

Android problems importing profiles

Post by mallardaise » Thu May 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Hello!

I'm currently living in China, and after damaging my phone earlier this month I had to replace it. I ordered a Sony Xperia Z5 from England so that I wouldn't have to fiddle with my phone too much to make it compatible with Google and I assumed, naively, that my VPN as well as its data and profiles would be easily transferred from my old phone's backup. I've been messing with my phone and laptop for two days now trying to find some way to get my phone to either connect to my VPN (ShadeYou) or to get OpenVPN (which I managed to reinstall on my new device) to import any of the profiles I've downloaded to the phone, but to no avail. I keep getting the same error message about "Error reading multiple files", and have yet to find a solution I can act upon on Google.

As you can probably gather, I am not a particularly tech-savvy person, but right now I'm the most adept computer geek I know, which is unfortunate, as I have nobody who can help me out with this, least of all anyone I can explain the problem to in English! I know this is an issue that's been brought up before, but if there's anyone on this forum who can help me work this out and explain it to me like the utter novice I am, I would be very grateful!

Also, I'm sorry if this isn't the right board for this topic, please move/delete if necessary!