[Free VPN] VPN Steel

This forum is to discuss and rate service providers of OpenVPN and similar services. THIS IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISEMENT. All posts have a poll with a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, to rate the quality of service, etc.
Forum rules
1) You must create a poll with 5 options, Do Not Recommend (1), Poor (2), Acceptable (3), Would Recommend (4), Strongly Recommend (5).
2) This is not a free advertisement for providers, but a place to review those providers.
3) Polls which are found to be doctored by providers will be locked to a rating of 1 and the source of the spoofing will be revealed to all, including Google.
Zero3K
OpenVpn Newbie

[Free VPN] VPN Steel

Post by Zero3K » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:51 am

*** NOTICE BY ADMINS ***
It has been brought to our attention you are attempting to use the OpenVPN Forum for advertising your service. As such, the post thread in question has been locked and a copy of this warning is attached at the post head.

In addition, the account of user 'RedRaider,' who purports to be a different user, posts from the same IP in a favorable light on the thread. This violates the rules of this forum, as clearly stated at the top.

See reddit for another instance, posted by you.
*** NOTICE BY ADMINS ***

I have just recently come across a free VPN service called VPN Steel. You may find more info and get an account by going to URL REMOVED. There's also a forum for it at URL REMOVED.

ecrist
Forum Team

Re: [Free VPN] VPN Steel

Post by ecrist » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:03 pm

What are your thoughts on the service? Part of the forum rules suggest you write a review of your experience. Please tell us more.
OpenVPN Community Administrator
IRC: #openvpn, #openvpn-devel
Co-Author of Mastering OpenVPN
Author of Troubleshooting OpenVPN

Zero3K
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Zero3K » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, I think that the service is fast most of the time on most sites (for some reason, there's a lot of lag on ToonamiAftermath.com). The only problems I have with it are the aforementioned lag/speed issue (which OpenVPN is reporting as a "Replay-window backtrack occurred" error) and that some sites are detecting it as being located in The Netherlands/Indonesia even though the server is hosted in the USA. Hopefully the admin will be able to find a better hosting provider so that those two issues will be fixed.

Btw, I can't vote on my own poll (which probably means that other users wouldn't be able to do so either).

krzee
Forum Team

Post by krzee » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 am

Zero3K wrote:OpenVPN is reporting as a "Replay-window backtrack occurred" error
are you on wireless? This is a common error when you are on wireless... the manual mentions it and how to silence it.

Zero3K
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Zero3K » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:57 am

Nope, I'm not on a wireless connection since I have a direct connection to my Wireless Router (Apple Time Capsule) via Ethernet. Maybe someone who knows how to fix it could make an account on the site so he/she could post a message in the forums there on how to do so.

Zero3K
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Zero3K » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 pm

And no one has voted on the poll yet.

RedRaider
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by RedRaider » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:43 am

Zero3K wrote:And no one has voted on the poll yet.
I can't vote: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

Zero3K
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Zero3K » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Well, no one can vote on my poll because of that error. Please fix it.