BytezVPN Seeing ads

This forum is to discuss and rate service providers of OpenVPN and similar services. THIS IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISEMENT. All posts have a poll with a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, to rate the quality of service, etc.
Forum rules
1) You must create a poll with 5 options, Do Not Recommend (1), Poor (2), Acceptable (3), Would Recommend (4), Strongly Recommend (5).
2) This is not a free advertisement for providers, but a place to review those providers.
3) Polls which are found to be doctored by providers will be locked to a rating of 1 and the source of the spoofing will be revealed to all, including Google.
carjo
OpenVpn Newbie

BytezVPN Seeing ads

Post by carjo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:42 pm

First, I know nothing because I just installed the VPN. So please excuse my ignorance, but when I had NordVPN (sorry!), their VPN blocked all of those pesky online ads including the gif ads. Is there a setting I should be using with this VPN? I have only two profiles loaded, the two in the west coast of USA, West2. And may I ask, what is the NoAds profile’s meaning/use? I’ve tried both profiles (West2) to see if either gets rid of ads in Safari, alas, neither does. I use only Safari and no other browser.

Thank you most kindly.

Pippin
Forum Team

Re: Seeing ads

Post by Pippin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Is this about Private Tunnel?
Support is here:
https://support.privatetunnel.com/home/
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp

carjo
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Seeing ads

Post by carjo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi there, no, I’m not using Private Tunnel. This is regards to the iOS and Safari when on the BytzVPN and OpenVPN together. These ads are soooo annoying, and when they are animated that’s even worse!

Thanks for your quick reply though.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: BytezVPN Seeing ads

Post by TinCanTech » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:13 pm

It is funny how BytezVPN Boast that their service does remove ads and yet the user experience is that it does not ...

Also, he should have named it braxVPN :lol:

carjo
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by carjo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:58 pm

Ah, I get it. Thanks for the clarity.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:47 pm

For clarity; when he says "Unfiltered access" and "Ad filtering" .. he is lying.

If he filters out Ads then he is filtering your access .. You can not have both.

Also, when he say "does not keep logs", does that include not keeping the logs required by Federal Regulations ?

Anybody remember lavabit.com ?

People who make bold claims are often hoisted by their own petard.