Would not recommend Buffered VPN

This forum is to discuss and rate service providers of OpenVPN and similar services. THIS IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISEMENT. All posts have a poll with a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, to rate the quality of service, etc.
Forum rules
1) You must create a poll with 5 options, Do Not Recommend (1), Poor (2), Acceptable (3), Would Recommend (4), Strongly Recommend (5).
2) This is not a free advertisement for providers, but a place to review those providers.
3) Polls which are found to be doctored by providers will be locked to a rating of 1 and the source of the spoofing will be revealed to all, including Google.
MosesKhan
OpenVpn Newbie

Would not recommend Buffered VPN

Post by MosesKhan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:32 am

So I've been trying to find the right VPN for me and have been using different VPNs each month to see what their offerings are and how they compare. I'm not a heavy user in that I'm not streaming or anything. I'll download some large files here and there, but they aren't time sensitive so they can be downloaded fast or slow and I don't really care. As long as it's not snails pace.

In November I tried out Buffered VPN. They seemed to have a good offering and I liked that they even had an app for Linux! Or so they claimed...that was my first mistake. After I signed up I find out that the don't actually offer an app for Linux...it's config files. Really? Hey, I know my way around Linux so VPN config files are no big deal, but false advertising on their part. I use it for several weeks and I don't really see anything bad besides the false advertising on the Linux client. I don't do anything like streaming over VPN so I cannot comment on the speed for that, but I can say for my normal usage I did not notice any slow downs.

christinamcadams
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Would not recommend Buffered VPN

Post by christinamcadams » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:40 pm

What exactly are you using the VPN for? I use Ivacy [url=https://www.ivacy.com/unblock-websites/]VPN for unblocking[/url], streaming and torrenting mainly and it almost blocks any website and has some good speeds too. It comes at a price of course for the list of advanced and premium features it offers but you can get it at 87% discount on the lifetime plan this Halloween season as I did.

miranop
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Would not recommend Buffered VPN

Post by miranop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:02 am

Wow, that's a thing, thanks for you review, I just wanted to download it