Surfshark VPN: a rapid alternative VPN

This forum is to discuss and rate service providers of OpenVPN and similar services. THIS IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISEMENT. All posts have a poll with a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, to rate the quality of service, etc.
Forum rules
1) You must create a poll with 5 options, Do Not Recommend (1), Poor (2), Acceptable (3), Would Recommend (4), Strongly Recommend (5).
2) This is not a free advertisement for providers, but a place to review those providers.
3) Polls which are found to be doctored by providers will be locked to a rating of 1 and the source of the spoofing will be revealed to all, including Google.
Riyaduati
OpenVpn Newbie

Surfshark VPN: a rapid alternative VPN

Post by Riyaduati » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi. I've wanted to talk about Surfshark VPN (https://surfshark.com). I was recommended to try it and so far I really like it. While it doesn't have many servers, it has some really rapid speeds, at least in my experience. Furthermore, it has a strict zero log policy and is based in the British Virgin Islands so out of the 14-eyes jurisdiction. It also supports unlimited devices so you could share it with your friends. Surfshark has Chrome and Firefox extensions and they are really easy to use, there's also an Android and an iOS app and they are based on the new IKEv2 protocol which supposedly drains less battery. I wish they had a native Windows app though. Anyway, if you want to try it I've found this coupon code earlier SHARK1FREE which gives you an extra free month, you just have to apply it at the checkout, pretty cool I think. And if you want a more well-rounded opinion you could read the review at VPNPro (https://vpnpro.com/vpn-reviews/surfshark-vpn-review/). Hope this helps :)

elisacollins
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Surfshark VPN: a rapid alternative VPN

Post by elisacollins » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Don't get me wrong but i tried their service in the past and it didn't turnout well for me. While downloading torrents, the internet speed got dead slow, plus I tried to stream movies online as well, the experience wasn't worth it, had to wait for the movie to buffer first before the stream began. Instead, I got referred by a friend to use Ivacy VPN and believe me, it is way more secure and accessible than your VPN. It has got the fastest optimized servers, zero-logs, no-lagging, never faced a speed drop while downloading or streaming. Unblocks multiple channels, support advance protocols and last but not least, the cheapest of all for what it's worth. I must say, you should give it a shot.

JNavas
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by JNavas » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 pm

I rate Surfshark 4.5 out of 5.
I had been using AirVPN for a long time, and while AIrVPN is very good (4 out of 5),
it recently eliminated all but one server in my local area,
and that one server is now overloaded and not always stable.
So, after much research, I switched to Surfshark several weeks ago,
and it has proven to be even better than AirVPN:
  • Lots of servers all over the world (including servers local to me)
  • Very good performance
  • Excellent server reliability
  • Very good, responsive support
  • Unlimited connections
  • Excellent privacy
  • Low cost (esp. on 2-year agreement)
Highly recommended!

Privateer
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Privateer » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:44 am

I rate Surfshark 1 out of 5.
Using it for some time now. Immature product. You get lots of bad (banned I think) IP-adresses.
Problems with using Netflix, Google, Ziggo, Aliexpress app (on android), etc.. I could not even register here using Surfshark VPN.
Their Window software plays trick with Wifi-network selection. Changes networks on its own and keeps doing that when you manually change it back.
All the above on different Windows and Android devices. My wife and kids don't use it anymore due to all the hassle.
Good marketing, immature product.
So, I cannot recommend.

Regards,
Edwin.