Certain Sites Not Showing Coming From VPN?

This forum is to discuss and rate service providers of OpenVPN and similar services. THIS IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISEMENT. All posts have a poll with a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, to rate the quality of service, etc.
Forum rules
1) You must create a poll with 5 options, Do Not Recommend (1), Poor (2), Acceptable (3), Would Recommend (4), Strongly Recommend (5).
2) This is not a free advertisement for providers, but a place to review those providers.
3) Polls which are found to be doctored by providers will be locked to a rating of 1 and the source of the spoofing will be revealed to all, including Google.
DasFox
OpenVPN User

Certain Sites Not Showing Coming From VPN?

Post by DasFox » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:55 am

I've noticed with a VPN provider I'm using that Google, YouTube and other various sites that track your Geo location to deliver the correct viewing content does not change.

So as an example, if I was from Canada and used a VPN through Germany and wanted to see content in the German language on YouTube, which is what I should be seeing, I'm not, I'm still getting everything to appear in English...

Now I understand some of the reasons for this locally happening, but I don't use Windows, I run Linux, I don't use my DNS or the ones from the VPN, I hard code them in from another overseas provider in Europe that specializes in privacy through DNS. I have Firefox tweaked against every setting you can imagine against GEO and privacy related matters one can adjust in about:config. I don't have flash installed, there is nothing on my box that leaks or will give away my location, it's impossible. So I know this is not a local issue, because one of the servers that the VPN offers works and some of the others don't, so that shows me this is a remote issue, because if it was a local problem, then they're either going to all work or none, not some...

So what is going to cause a VPN server to have this problem? I was thinking this had more to do possibly with like RIPE, APNIC, etc., database?

THANKS