Dazo's writeup for windows rollup

Instructions and tips on how to roll your own client installer.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

krzee
Forum Team

Dazo's writeup for windows rollup

Post by krzee » Fri May 21, 2010 4:03 am

please see http://www.secure-computing.net/wiki/in ... _Windows_2 for dazo's writeup on making unattended windows installers for openvpn

geezenslaw
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Dazo's writeup for windows rollup

Post by geezenslaw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi krzee, this would be a great howto if I could do step 4 of Build The Installer. I don't have the application: makensis. Please advise, David.

dazo
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by dazo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Try to install NSIS, available here: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

I believe you should have a MakeNSIS program installed on your start menu when this is installed, it will then ask for the *.nsis file you've created.

If running it from the command line, you probably need to find the proper directory where makensis is installed. I have no idea where this is on Windows, as I'm primarily a Linux user. In Fedora you can install NSIS via 'yum install mingw32-nsis', then you just run makensis from the command line to create a Windows installer. This is how I'm using it.

eferris
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by eferris » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:19 pm

sorry to bump an old topic but running into a small problem, was curious if anyone would be able to help as I'm very very new to OpenVPN.

I've gone through the tutorial to get the wrapper installed but I keep getting the Self-validation of OpenVPN-InstCfgwiz failed. :|

I can see the script connect to my webhost and downloading the files and I have the .md5 files in there properly.

any help is appreciated :)

padhu
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by padhu » Tue May 28, 2013 1:02 pm

i also get this error:
"Self-validation of OpenVPN-InstCfgwiz failed."

Any body help in troubleshooting this.