Homebrew Web Interface to manage users/certificates etc

How to customize and extend your OpenVPN installation.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

andrewglass3
OpenVpn Newbie

Homebrew Web Interface to manage users/certificates etc

Post by andrewglass3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:45 am

Hi there :)

I am new to this site and OpenVPN so first of all hello :) and my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section.

I have tried searching through the forums, however I cant seem to find anything so far....

I have just got my first OpenVPN server running on a cloud service that I rent and so far so good its working lovely :) I would however be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction or provide a little help please?

My current cloud provider has developed their own opnvpn cloud server that you can deploy in seconds then create users on the fly using a web interface to create the client.ovpn ca.crt client.crt and client.key files that you download to your workstation as a zip file then connect in seconds to your vpn. This is superb however I was hoping to be able to set up additional services within my cloud (this is not possible with the ovh ready made cloud as I can't have root access). I have installed and setup OpenVPN in my own cloud, however at the moment I have no idea how to set up a similar solution. Could anyone point me in the right direction with this please? Also this is not a commercial project, I am a student and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I graduate :)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Best wishes

Andy

krzee
Forum Team

Re: Homebrew Web Interface to manage users/certificates etc

Post by krzee » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:36 am

You would just run a couple openssl commands to make the new certs, and sign them with your CA. Just like the easy-rsa scripts do.
Be careful when you go making something like this, it can very likely be your weak point in security.
Normally client configs are the same for all clients except for file location of the certs.