OpenVPN-WebAdmin

How to customize and extend your OpenVPN installation.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Wutze
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN-WebAdmin

Post by Wutze » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Hello everybody,

I would like to draw your attention to an Open-Source project, with which you can manage OpenVPN via webfrontend.

For me all systems I knew were much too simple or much too complicated and in all cases not very flexible, so I simply started to develop something new at the beginning of this year. To my knowledge there is no system that works "standalone" without being dependent on other systems.

The system is one that I use myself and it has proven itself very well so far. (Otherwise I would not publish it here ;o))

My goal is to obtain a system that can be flexibly adapted to the needs of both administrators and users. Furthermore, the web frontend should be multilingual. Up to now, about 70% of the system has been implemented in English, French and simplified Chinese and German.

At the moment a simple login with exchange of TLS key pairs, password check, log of accesses, central user administration with status displays is working. This month the system will be expanded to include personally assigned IP addresses, and in autumn each user should be able to obtain his or her own TLS certificate.

The system is currently only extensively tested on Debian 10, but on CentOS only the installation works, not yet the updates.

I don't want to torture you any further, you can find the link in the following line. ;o)

https://github.com/Wutze/OpenVPN-WebAdmin

Here you can also find detailed documentation. Have fun with testing.

Stay healthy, all of you. Many greetings from Dortmund/Germany.