Silent Update from 2.4.7 to 2.4.9

How to customize and extend your OpenVPN installation.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

chadway
OpenVpn Newbie

Silent Update from 2.4.7 to 2.4.9

Post by chadway » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:10 am

Hello,

I have installed OpenVPN 2.4.7 on several Windows 10 clients. I was able to update remotely via RDP Session from version 2.4.0 to 2.4.7 on these clients with the following silent options without any messages.

Code: Select all

openvpn-install-2.4.7-I603.exe /SELECT_SHORTCUTS=1 /SELECT_OPENVPN=1 /SELECT_SERVICE=1 /SELECT_TAP=1 /SELECT_OPENVPNGUI=1 /SELECT_ASSOCIATIONS=1 /SELECT_OPENSSL_UTILITIES=0 /SELECT_EASYRSA=1 /S
BUT, I would now like to do the same from 2.4.7 to 2.4.9 with the following options

Code: Select all

openvpn-install-2.4.9-I601-Win10.exe /SELECT_SHORTCUTS=1 /SELECT_OPENVPN=1 /SELECT_SERVICE=1 /SELECT_TAP=1 /SELECT_OPENVPNGUI=1 /SELECT_ASSOCIATIONS=1 /SELECT_OPENSSL_UTILITIES=0 /SELECT_EASYRSA=1 /S
and get the following message:

Exit OpenVPN
Der OpenVPN-Dienst ist gestartet und verbunden. Die Verbindung besteht solange, bis Sie OpenVPN GUI beenden.
Sind Sie sicher, dass Sie das Programm beenden möchten?

If I click No, the message continues to appear. If I click Yes, the connection is interrupted and after restarting the system, a VPN tunnel is no longer established. If the user logs on to the device on site (in this case also an administrator), he receives the following message:

OpenVPN 2.4.9-I601-Win10 Setup
Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn-gui.exe.
Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
ignore to skip this file.

What has changed? Maybe someone has the same problem and already a solution? I couldn't find a way to do this either at googel or here.
I have already tried to omit the option / SELECT_OPENVPNGUI = 1, but that didn't help either.

Both Scripts are runnig in a cmd open as Administrator!