Static IP "Middleman" server!!

How to customize and extend your OpenVPN installation.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

johnmickenzy
OpenVpn Newbie

Static IP "Middleman" server!!

Post by johnmickenzy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Myself and a few other remote staff are having to get an ip whitelisted by our IT dept. every time we move locations (coffee shops, etc.) so we can connect to our openvpn server in the office. This is getting frustrating.

Is there a configuration we can setup on Linode or DigitalOcean with a cheap box that has a static IP and we connect to that server which maintains a constant openvpn connection to our office?

I'm a mobile dev engineer so I'm capable - just not up to date with networking and this type of setup solutions.

Thanks!

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Static IP "Middleman" server!!

Post by TinCanTech » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:09 pm

johnmickenzy wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:50 pm
Myself and a few other remote staff are having to get an ip whitelisted by our IT dept. every time we move locations (coffee shops, etc.) so we can connect to our openvpn server in the office. This is getting frustrating.
Indeed .. (See note below)
johnmickenzy wrote:
Is there a configuration we can setup on Linode or DigitalOcean with a cheap box that has a static IP and we connect to that server which maintains a constant openvpn connection to our office?
Yes .. and for a small but fair fee, I could set it up for you: tincanteksup <at> gmail

Note: This action could be perceived by your employer as a security breach and lead to severe reaction...
johnmickenzy wrote:
I'm a mobile dev engineer so I'm capable - just not up to date with networking and this type of setup solutions.
Openvpn host a comprehensive library of related information.