VPN need help

Use this forum to share your VPN or network disasters. Show diagrams, traffic graphs, or whatever else you need (a video of you letting the 'smoke' out of our network gear).

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

rasulaf
OpenVpn Newbie

VPN need help

Post by rasulaf » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm

For the moment i have the openvpn client on my pc and iam getting this routing problem:

ROUTE: route addition failed using CreateIpForwardEntry: Objektet finns redan. [status=5010 if_index=4]
sometimes with differensen index number.

i read some about it and it something with the vpn ip and my lan ip.
i have no ide which my vpn ip is and if it static or not or how to find it.

But i read that you should change your lan if from the regular ips like 192.168.1/0.X or/and 10.x.x.x. to a unic.
So my lan now have 192.168.143.1 and my pc got static 192.168.143.10
but that dident do anything...

I also got this error:
Warning: route gateway is ambiguous: 192.168.143.1 (2 matches)

when i got my wlan card on.
wcard ip 192.168.143.11

the gateway of my router is 192.143.1.1
and submask 255.255.255.0

but i guess this is on my lan side but i have no ide how or change on the internet side.

saviscon
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: VPN need help

Post by saviscon » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:13 pm

This VPN server has several goals, 1-file dump) 2 use of it as a gateway to the Internet.

rasulaf
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by rasulaf » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:47 am

What does file dump mean i got a command verb 3 that is similar to the tcpdump ( but i dont think that is what you mean).
And how do i fix nr 1?

2: How do i know which my internet gateway is and/or how do i find it?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Objektet finns redan = The object already exists

rasulaf
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by rasulaf » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:20 am

vad menas med det? och hur löser jag det?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:54 pm

English please, I am not your personal translator.

Please see:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22603#p68963

Charles99
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Charles99 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:15 pm

When you have everything set up and working, and the OpenVPN tunnel is establishing fine, but you are having trouble reaching a specific system, then the information on this page should be able to help you diagnose the problem. If you have problems connecting the VPN tunnel in the first place, check this page instead. One of the very first steps in trying to resolve a connection problem between the source system (usually the VPN client or a system behind the VPN client), and the target system (usually a system behind the Access Server) is visualizing the path that the traffic is following. And since network packets are invisible to our human eyes, this can be difficult. There are some tools that will be helpful in trying to visualize the traffic and testing which path traffic follows, namely these;

TCPdump – Linux command-line tool to visualize network packets
WireShark – Windows GUI tool to visualize network packets
ping – a Testing tool to determine if a message can be sent back and forth between source and destination
traceroute – Similar to the above but tries to determine every hop between the source and the target destination
With these tools it’s possible to send test packets of information over a connection from one system to the other, and to see these packets appear on the screen and to see where they are coming from (source address), and where they are going to (destination address). With this information, it is then usually reasonably easy to logically follow the path that traffic follows, and to determine where the traffic flow stops. And based on where it stops, a logical explanation can then usually be derived.
I hope this information helps!
Regards,
Charles