OpenVPN connection for games using TP Link Router

This is the forum to post your config. Include diagrams, usage graphs, and all the other goodies to show off your network.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ddlnegocios
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN connection for games using TP Link Router

Post by ddlnegocios » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Hello everyone (technicians and common users).

I have a TP-Link Router, Model TL-WR941hp v2.0.

According to the manual's router, I can configurate a VPN Server using OpenVPN Method. It's quite understandable.

The principle is: Enable OpenVPN on my router; generate the certification; export the configuration file and load it on the remote devices using OpenVPN client utility.

Here is my conceptual doubts:

Supposing that everything is well configured considering the principle above which means OpenVPN configuration enabled and all devices are connected to the VPN Server...

1) Is it possible to simulate a LAN Game (as if all devices would be in the same physical place connected under the same router)???

2) If yes, once we are all connected to the VPN, is it just open the game and we are good to play the LAN match???

I really hope someone may help me.

Thanks!

never-stop-learning
OpenVPN User

Re: OpenVPN connection for games using TP Link Router

Post by never-stop-learning » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:02 am

Yes, you can think about it like that.
It's like you are all in 1 Physical LAN when all devices connected to the OpenVPN and just launching your game should work.

ddlnegocios
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN connection for games using TP Link Router

Post by ddlnegocios » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:49 am

never-stop-learning wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:02 am
Yes, you can think about it like that.
It's like you are all in 1 Physical LAN when all devices connected to the OpenVPN and just launching your game should work.
Thank you for the information.