Set remote OpenVPN server off by mistake

This is the forum to post your config. Include diagrams, usage graphs, and all the other goodies to show off your network.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

llarsx
OpenVpn Newbie

Set remote OpenVPN server off by mistake

Post by llarsx » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:52 pm

Upgrading my ASUS RT-AC68U wrt merlin to last version I got several problems. One was missing VPN contact with my summer house. But I thought it been fixed before I discovered that spite OpenVPN GUI was closed a still had the VPN tunnell open. Trying to get rid of that (restart, killed OpenVPN prosesses etc. didn't help). In the end I set the remote ASUS RT-AC68U server OFF and missed of course connection totally.

Is there any way I can reach the remote ASUS and change the VPN server back to ON?

On my android mobil I have an app which find the remote asus router and all devices connected to it, but I find nothing about VPN. I hoped for it because the app seems to find VPN clients (but not VPN server) and much more. Can the app help me? The app is updated today.

Is travelling to the remote place and change VPN server to ON locally the very only metode?

And, is open VPN tunnel without OpenVPN Gui open, known and HOWTO fix it? (Get rid of it)

I have located the unwanted open OpenVPN Gui to client1 as it is closed if I set the client1 to OFF. (Before I set the remote server OFF).

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Set remote OpenVPN server off by mistake

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:08 pm

llarsx wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:52 pm
Is travelling to the remote place and change VPN server to ON locally the very only metode?
Have your butler do it ..