Routing/Forwarding between OpenVPN Tunnels

This is the forum to post your config. Include diagrams, usage graphs, and all the other goodies to show off your network.
ohhboy
OpenVpn Newbie

Routing/Forwarding between OpenVPN Tunnels

Post by ohhboy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 am

Hello guys,

I have a simulated network with different OpenVPN Tunnels between Linux Servers.
I want to route traffic between OpenVPN Tunnels.

IMAGE:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrgy7oacypcu3 ... s.png?dl=0

sudo iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface tun0 -j ACCEPT sudo iptables --table nat -A POSTROUTING --out-interface tun1 -j MASQUERADE

And Iptables: sudo ip rule add from 10.200.0.6 table 1 prio 32760 sudo ip route add "192.168.4.1" table 1 via "10.100.0.2" dev tun1

But unfortunately I cant make it work so that S2 and S3 can communicate with each other. What commands do i need, what i tried isnt working.

I have this simple network with 3 Servers. Server1 has an openvpn tunnel with S2 and another ovpn tunnel with S3. What i want is that S1 can talk with S2 by using both tunnels and also vice verca.

The connection from S4 to S2 is working by using OpenVPN Tunnel 1 to connect to S1 and redirect over OpenVPN Tunnel 2 to S2. I made it work with these commands:

sudo iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface tun0 -j ACCEPT sudo iptables --table nat -A POSTROUTING --out-interface tun1 -j MASQUERADE

And Iptables: sudo ip rule add from 10.200.0.6 table 1 prio 32760 sudo ip route add "192.168.4.1" table 1 via "10.100.0.2" dev tun1

But unfortunately I cant make it work so that S2 and S3 can communicate with each other. What commands do i need, what i tried(similar to the above commands) isn't working.

(The tun0 are the OpenVPN Server Daemons)

I really couldnt solve this problem for days help is highly appreciated :roll: