My bragging rights

Use this forum to share your network setup and what's been working for you.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Agentshadow
OpenVpn Newbie

My bragging rights

Post by Agentshadow » Fri May 15, 2020 8:06 pm

I have a VPN setup in the router and have a local instance of a Team Speak server and a local FTP server. On my phone I have the OpenVPN App, FTP App and the Team Speak App. Because my router VPN connection from my phone creates a local connection within my home network, I can use my FTP server and Team Speak server without having to port forwarding those ports in the router at all. This is really great to stay hidden from the likes of Nmap and Shodan scans. I can also transfer files from my phone to my FTP server this way as well when I'm out and about. It's like my own cloud.

The Team Speak server is used with my police scanner that runs on a dedicated laptop that's on 24/7 recording audio and I can be anywhere in the world with an Internet connection and listen to my scanner via Team Speak since I use the local router VPN. I can also control my scanner with a program using the Team Viewer App on my phone. Pretty sweet setup thus far. :ugeek: