FEATURE REQUEST : Simultaneous connections in OpenVPN Connect

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

darryl
OpenVpn Newbie

FEATURE REQUEST : Simultaneous connections in OpenVPN Connect

Post by darryl » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:34 pm

I'm was using OpenVPN Connect 2.6.0.100 and I would have liked to connect to multiple networks at once, (like OpenVPN GUI allows) however this doesn't seem to be an option (Verified by OpenVPN support).

My use case here is I need to do configuration changes on the server which is in AWS, however, I also need to connect to my office network to observe those changes in a web browser, each change can only be made one at a time.

The process looks like this: I connect to that AWS VPN to make the configuration change, then disconnect from the AWS VPN. I then connect to my office VPN to observe the changes. I have to keep repeating this process until I make all the needed configuration changes and testing. This is a bit cumbersome. I've uninstalled OpenVPN Connect and am happily using OpenVPN GUI which works flawlessly to connect to two networks after I run the addtap.bat file.