iOS App Suggestions (ovpn file list filters, favorites and more connection options)

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Baraka13
OpenVpn Newbie

iOS App Suggestions (ovpn file list filters, favorites and more connection options)

Post by Baraka13 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Greetings everyone,

I've been using .ovpn files on OpenVPN for quite a while now. The new iOS App brought some great improvements (specially UI and proxy options). While using the new app I thought about some maybe useful ideas for the app...
  1. Filtering/Ordering options for .ovpn file list (right now they're listed as they're included, changed or used for connection, it gets a little bit messy);
  • Favorite list (getting them to stay on top of other files and/or filtering to show just these files);
/\ I'm not sure but I don't think these two are hard to implement.
  • There should be a way to autoconnect to a determined ovpn file depending on the network I'm connected to. For example, I use VPN on 3 different occasions (at home on a "free" wifi, 'free' as in 'not blocked'; outside on cellular; and at work on a blocked wifi (I'm not here to be judged)). I wish the app could automatically switch from a connected ovpn file using its configured proxy (at work) to another predetermined one that does not connect through proxy as I go out on cellular connection and then switch off when I connect to my home wifi (as I normally use IKEv2/IPSec);
\/
Work Wifi -> Server1.ovpn (through proxy)
Cellular -> Server2.ovpn (no proxy)
Home Wifi -> Turned off

LeahCruz
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: iOS App Suggestions (ovpn file list filters, favorites and more connection options)

Post by LeahCruz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 am

This is really helpful post. I love this post thanks !