OpenVpn for android

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

rockbio
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVpn for android

Post by rockbio » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:16 am

hi, everyone
i have a openvpn server (ubuntu) at home running on port 443 with pam authentication. Everything is working fine on the laptop side on mac or windows 7. But i got a android samsung captivate phone (att) and Motorola xoom (verizon) and i have searched the whole internet for a true guide for these devices. But all of them happens to be vague. Does anybody know a starting point exactly where to go (checked xda-developer but its confusing.).

krzee
Forum Team

Re: OpenVpn for android

Post by krzee » Thu May 12, 2011 8:39 am

you must have a rom with tun module
you must have root
(cyanogenmod will give you both, in fact it comes with openvpn installed in version 7)
then you install openvpn-settings and openvpn-installer
give it your config file, and configure openvpn-settings to your liking =]

pilotghost
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by pilotghost » Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 am

I have OpenVPN up and running on HTC Desire HD with ROM RevolutionHD 5.1.7 (gingerbread)
There is few manuals over there but just one did work for me, I had to put iptables from another ROM on it as well as another common suggested mods.

Just looking now to configure the Wifi Hotspot to make all the traffic go through the VPN, right now just the phone has the routing right, not the phone clients.

It would be nice a proper application to avoid all the config on the phone. Something like "OpenVPN-installer" on the market but working 100%

jenniferolsen
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by jenniferolsen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 am

I currently use openvpn on my phone, and wouldn't be able to live without it.