anyone having problems showing openvpn-GUI once connected ?

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

simon
OpenVpn Newbie

anyone having problems showing openvpn-GUI once connected ?

Post by simon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 pm

I have windows 7 x64bit and openvpn and openvpn-gui have been working beautifully for quite some time (thanks for a great open source solution !). But recently, I don't know when, I've found that double clicking the openvpn gui in the notification bar doesn't work once I've connected.

When the laptop starts up, I can doubleclick and it connects and all is fine, but at somepoint it just hangs. The openvpn connection still works but the gui's kaput.

I'm guessing this one is to with one of the following:
1.) Hibernating the machine
2.) a windows update
3.) can't be that i've updated the dns servers in dhcp to return public as well as private DNS servers (which would only affect local and remote name resolution which is working fine

ideas?

Simon

simon
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: anyone having problems showing openvpn-GUI once connecte

Post by simon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 pm

It seems that if I hibernate the computer with the vpn connected, then resume it that the VPN reconnects and works perfectly, but the openvpngui is dead until I log off/reboot at which point it reappears momentarily before log off/shutdown. I'll do some more investigation along the lines of network cable unplugged while resuming etc.

I guess that the open-vpn gui is not maintained anymore ?

Simon

krzee
Forum Team

Re: anyone having problems showing openvpn-GUI once connecte

Post by krzee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 am

i assume you are referring to the openvpn.se openvpn-gui...
the gui is bundled with openvpn for windows now, so there is no longer a distinction.
the gui is still maintained.
If you are running 2.1.3 and have this problem, try the beta from www.openvpn.net/download
if you still have the problem, support a trac ticket at http://community.openvpn.net (same login and password that you use here)