only some users can ping Internal Network

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Unknowniti
OpenVpn Newbie

only some users can ping Internal Network

Post by Unknowniti » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello everyone,
I have an issue with some of my VPN users. I'm running OpenVPN on an opnsense machine and configured it. Now I created users and sent them their .ovpn files and got the password to them. They connect via the OpenVPN connect client (from windows 10) to the server and it says they are connected.

I configured my firewall so that these user can (theoretically access and ping servers) but the problem is that some users can't ping those IPs and others do. I don't think it is an error on the Access Server because other users can ping and access these IPs, but the installation of the OpenVPN connect client was the same for every PC. So what am I missing here? Is there a setting I didn't configure correctly so that some users can't ping and other do or is it some windows error?

I would appreciate some help.
Kind regards.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: only some users can ping Internal Network

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:38 am

Hello Unknowniti,

The OpenVPN server program built into OPNsense is not the same as the OpenVPN Access Server software product.

Perhaps OPNsense has some information on this issue.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support