Problems with client-server communication through Open VPN

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

gpereza@gmail.com
OpenVpn Newbie

Problems with client-server communication through Open VPN

Post by gpereza@gmail.com » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:10 am

I bought a TPLink WiFi router with Open VPN capabilities so I could use it to connect remotely to a server in the private network of my company. I installed Open VPN Connect in my laptop and configured it with the certificate generated by the TPLink router and was able to successfully establish the connection (the TPLink router has a fixed public IP address). Once connected, I was able to access this router through its LAN port using a web browser, so I am certain that the tunnel has been established correctly, that I am inside the LAN (connectivity wise). The inside network is very simple: the server is directly connected to the LAN port of this TPLink router and there are some devices connected via WiFi, that´s it (no intermediate routers or routing issues). The Ping test to the server (address 192.168.1.2) works well, so it seems the issue is not connectivity (routing). But when I open the client application (it is called Saint Enterprise, for Inventory, finance, etc.), it gives me a message saying "Error connecting to server". When I am in the local network (connected through WiFi) it works well