Multiple connections to serveral Open VPN servers at same time with one Open VPN client

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

joseskans
OpenVpn Newbie

Multiple connections to serveral Open VPN servers at same time with one Open VPN client

Post by joseskans » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:23 am

Hi
At first, I inform you that I haven't knowledge about Open VPN technologie.

I've got the next project and I would like if I can aproach it with Open VPN technologie.

We need to monitor/control 85 miniPLCs Siemens Logo!8. These 85 miniPLC will be installed into differents places and they will connected to 4G network via additional 85 x comunication modules CMR 2040.
These 85 Siemens CMR2040 offer a OpenVPN Open Source connection to do a remote acces to miniPLC Logo!8.

The CMR 2040 is a Open VPN server therefore I must install a Open VPN client into Windows PC to access to miniPLC Logo!8.
We have tested it with only one CMR 2040 (Open VPN Server) (see link: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs ... /109747067) and it works ok but I don't know if it's possible with 85 x Open VPN server CMR 2040.

My questions are:
Is it possible to do multiple simultaneous connections from a PC windows to 85 Open VPN servers?
I case of affirmative answer, Do I need some additional software or I only need a Open VPN client?
Do I need some special Windows OS or I can use standard Windows 10?
Have you some suggestion about how connect 85 VPN server to a Windows PC?

Thanks in advanced for your help

Regards from Madrid
Jose

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Multiple connections to serveral Open VPN servers at same time with one Open VPN client

Post by TinCanTech » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Sounds like work .. I am available for hire.