VPN in virtualbox.

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

android2548
OpenVpn Newbie

VPN in virtualbox.

Post by android2548 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:26 pm

I' m doing my engineer degree and I had picked VPN as my BSc Thesis. I want to create VPN server implementation which wil be used for remote employees for connection to company resources. I thought to do that as much as possible using only software solutions without any hardware (almost). I want to know your opinion if it will be possible to do.
I want to setup windows server 2012 with openVPN and with AD, FTP, and some other things in virtualbox, and also setup 2-3 windows 10 hosts with ad accounts. but from other side I will be using same ISP, so I also thought that I can use 2 laptops. Is it possible o setup on 1st laptop in virtualbox WS2012 and connect to domain 3 hosts in virtualbox from 2nd laptop? Then for hosts I can use hotspot from my mobile phone so they will have different private IP.
Or will it be possible to do all on 1 PC?
I want to simulate how employee can connect via VPN to company network and use their resources.
I know that I'm new in networking but I want to learn more about itsorry if I' m not thinking correctly about that I will appreciate your help and suggestions.