Openvpn replace sophos customized vpn client

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

standerby
OpenVpn Newbie

Openvpn replace sophos customized vpn client

Post by standerby » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Hello, My company is using Sophos router for remote access. The Sophos software will create a customized installation package for each user with server cert/user cert/password already configured. However my win10 will loose internet connection after 2 or 3 hours. If I exit Sophos VPN client my internet will get restored sometime. Or I have to restart my computer. So I expect it's the Sophos software issue. I looked at the client log. It's using OpenVPN 2.1.1. So I installed latest OpenVPN client and copied over the configuration file and cert files. For some reason I got following error when I try to connect, mbed TLS: SSL read error: X509 - Certificate verification failed. e.g. CRL. CA or signature check failed. The Sophos vpn client can connect with no issue with same configuration file and cert file. What could be wrong or how can I overcome this cert issue? Thanks

Pippin
Forum Team

Re: Openvpn replace sophos customized vpn client

Post by Pippin » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:20 pm

Update.
If not possible contact Sophos.
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp

standerby
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Openvpn replace sophos customized vpn client

Post by standerby » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm

Dose latest OpenVPN still support RSA 1024 key? After some research I think this may be the reason for cert failure.