Is it possible to create groups to users and block some IP to that client?

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

hmota
OpenVpn Newbie

Is it possible to create groups to users and block some IP to that client?

Post by hmota » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 am

Hey guys!

I work in a small office and we're creating a OpenVpn server, also we got a nice backoffice to work with all.
We already have all the logs we want and its all working so good, I'm really happy working with OpenVPN.

My question now is, lets suppose that I have this list of ip's atm using the openvpn:

Code: Select all

How can I block the user 10.8.0.3 to access Facebook or some other IP but the others user can still access it? What should I do? I just want to know where or what I should use to do it. I'm tired of trying to find this, I really can't make it...

Also, is it possible to create groups? Lets suppose I got a group called: BLOCK FACEBOOK -> with 2 users and that two users can't access the rule that I did on that group, lets suppose block facebook requests.

Thanks.

Pippin
Forum Team

Re: Is it possible to create groups to users and block some IP to that client?

Post by Pippin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:44 pm

This is not related to OpenVPN.
You could look into Snort or Suricata...
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp

hmota
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by hmota » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:22 pm

I was looking for something like Squid Proxy + OpenVPN but I really don't know how I can configure it..

Pippin
Forum Team

Post by Pippin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:30 pm

http://www.squid-cache.org/

You cloud also try pfSense which has OpenVPN, Squid, Suricata and pfBlocker as packages.
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp