Connect TP-Link WiFi router to office VPN

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Andy_in_BG
OpenVpn Newbie

Connect TP-Link WiFi router to office VPN

Post by Andy_in_BG » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi.
I work from home and use OpenVPN to connect my Windows PC to my employer's office network by entering my username and password.
This works well and I can see that my IP correctly becomes that of my office.
But now I need to connect several additional PCs to the office VPN.
I'm wondering whether it would be possible to configure my WiFi router so that it can connect to the office VPN and I wouldn't have to connect all of the PCs separately.
My WiFi router is a TP-Link AC1350 Archer C60.

Abigail
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Connect TP-Link WiFi router to office VPN

Post by Abigail » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Yes, you can do that. It is possible.

Lewis-H
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Lewis-H » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 pm

In order to make your VPN connection work, you need to connect another router with your modem. Make an Ethernet connection or a wireless connection from your router to your computer. Follow 1a if you are connecting the Ethernet router and 1b for wireless connection. Open the 'Basic Setup' tab of the DD-WRT router.
Step 1: Click the Start button. In the search bar, type VPN and then select Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
Step 2: Enter the IP address or domain name of the server to which you want to connect. If you're connecting to a work network, your IT administrator can provide the best address.

Regards,
Lewis

Charles99
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Charles99 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:19 pm

Open the 'Basic Setup' tab of the DD-WRT router.
Step 1: Click the Start button. In the search bar, type VPN and then select Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
Step 2: Enter the IP address or domain name of the server to which you want to connect.
Let me know if this helps!
Regards,
Charles